Saturday 8 December 2012

Beetroot, Butternut & Chicken Salad



May I just say I’m a butternut freak, you’ve probably noticed. I post butternut recipes regularly. I guess I love it, because it looks like sunshine on your plate. Part of enjoying food is how it looks, if it’s pretty I enjoy it a whole lot more.
   
Ingredients:
300g cooked beetroot (you could buy it cooked or steam it for 15 minutes)
250g Steamed Butternut
300g baby leaf Spinach
2 Chicken Breasts cut into strips
1 tablespoon Honey
1 teaspoon Chicken Spice

Method:
Firstly coat the chicken in chicken spice and seal it into a hot frying pan. No need for oil, the honey will help the chicken to get golden brown.
Seal the flesh of the chicken and add the honey.
Fry for about 5 minutes and take off the heat. It should be cooked without being dry, nothing like dry chicken.
Now you could be creative, compile the salad in layers.
First layer will be spinach, followed by butternut and beetroot. Lastly add the chicken.

Drizzle the left over honey juice from the pan over your salad and viola; you have a tasty summer dish.

You could add pumpkin seeds, even some parmesan. I added almonds to my dish. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment