Wednesday 5 December 2012

Tuna Cakes


We all know we need to eat more fish, but it gets boring. The same old fish and chips every week. So I decided to try something new. I call it, Tuna Cakes. I decided to use tuna, because it is high in omega 3 fatty acids. 

Omega 3 is such a wonderful supplement with great health benefits. It could lower cholesterol, reduce high blood pressure, ease joint pains, fight wrinkles, improve memory and could even boost your mood.

Ingredients:
200g mashed potatoes
2 tins of Tuna
1 egg
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Pinch of Paprika (You could add more if you like hot food)
Salt to taste.

Method:
Add all the ingredients together, mix well.
Add about 5ml of olive oil in a very hot pan.
Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture into the pan and press down to flatten it slightly.
Leave it for about 3 minutes per side, or until it’s golden brown.
This mixture will make about 8 fish cakes.

I served these Tuna cakes with some sweet chilli sauce. You could serve this hot or cold, next time I might add a bit of spring onion to the mixture. Overall this is a healthy fun recipe, I hope you enjoy it!



No comments:

Post a Comment